Senior Festival Audition List 13-14 - updated 5/22/13
Thank you to Spectrum Music for assisting the Eastern District Audition lists.
Eastern Sr. District Scale requirements: Same as All State, except no minor scales required.
Chorus Scale Requirements:
Eighth notes ascending and descending - Quarter Note = 72
Soprano scale: E Major
Alto scale: A Major
Tenor scale: E Major
Bass scale: G Major
Choral Sight Reading Guidelines for Senior District
1. Examples will be in the same clef that the student's solo song part is written.
2. Examples will start and end on the tonic and the tonic pitch will be given to the student.
3. Examples will be written in a Major key of up to 4 sharps or flats. Examples may or may not be in the same key as the solo song.
4. Examples will be 8 measures long.
5. Examples will be in 4/4 or 3/4 meter and may use any or all of the following note values: quarter notes dotted quarter notes (including dotted quarter-eighth groups) half notes dotted half notes whole notes eighth-note triplets quarter note rests half note rests.
6. The melody will contain both steps and skips.
7. Students must sing (no humming or whistling) and may use solfege, numbers, or a neutral syllable
8. Students will be given 30 seconds to look at the example before being asked to start.
9. The students will have only one opportunity to perform the sight singing example. Requests to start over will not be allowed.
Jazz Scale Requirements:
Same as All State, except no minor scales required.
Piccolo, Eb Clarinet & English Horn:
There will be a separate Sr. Audition for Piccolo, Eb Clarinet & English Horn. These students do not need to pre-register for this audition, however, they must register and audition on their primary instrument (i.e. Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, etc.). The students will only be asked to perform scales and sight-reading. There will be no prepared piece for this second audition. Please let the registration desk know if you have a student auditioning on one of these instruments when you arrive at the auditions.
Click here for Blind Audition Procedures.
Chorus - Rehearsal Tracks
Click here for the Senior Fesitval choral practice mp3s.
Director and Teacher Information
If you have any questions about the Senior District Festival, please contact the Senior Festival Coordinator Lauren Connors at email@example.com . All communication must go through the school music teacher. Parents and students should not contact the Festival Coordinator!
You can update your school's information at any time, see who has been accepted from your school, select those who will be attending the Senior Festival, and print your Principal's Form.
Enter the Senior Festival Registration area - You can update your school's information, see who has been accepted from your school, select those who will be attending the Senior Festival, and print your Principal's Form.
2013 Senior Audition Cut Off Scores
2013 Senior Festival Information
Boston Latin School - Driving Directions
Chaperone Designation Form - Bring to Festival
Student Medical Form
Student Rehearsal Contract - This must be signed by each student and parent and returned with the principal form on January, 4th, 2013.
Eastern District - MMEA Festival Policy Handbook
Below is a list of the evaluation sheets used at the auditions.
Jazz Drum Set
Jazz Guitar, Bass, Keyboard, Vibes
Jazz Sax and Brass
Web site designed and maintained by Avenir Solutions, Inc.